Saturday, May 17, 2008

I had dinner and a movie with a hot blonde. How was your Saturday night?


The last movie I saw in theaters was The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe back in 2005. Yes, Internet, I’m boring, busy, and usually too cheap to spring for movie tickets. Saturday was an exception though, and probably a turning point in my life. I finally stepped out from behind my mountain of work and went to see Made of Honor with HotNurse. Did you know it now costs ELEVEN DOLLARS for a movie ticket? You practically need to take out a second mortgage just to buy a ticket and pay for the gas to get there! Either way, I realized that my work-life balance is completely out of whack and I need to start living my life and not living to work.

HotNurse and I had a year of catching up to do (can you really believe it’s been that long?!) and at the end of the night our waiter apologized for having ignored us and gave us a complimentary dessert. We must’ve been seriously enthralled in our conversation because we honestly didn’t feel neglected, but if it made him feel better to give us a chocolate soufflé with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream, who were we to turn him down and hurt his feelings.

Oh, and I know I’m working backwards here, but olive oil dipping sauce that came with the bread at the beginning of the meal was so good that I was thisclose to licking the remnants off the plate. Mmmm. . . I wonder if I can convince Cody to go back with me this week. On vacation, off the diet, right?

1 comment:

Rae said...

Yes, movies are outrageously overpriced. Freakin $12 here. Luckily I can walk to the movies. Sheesh.