Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A definite plus in my book


The first Sunday of our vacation we had brunch at Mimi’s Café with HotNurse and LawyerDude, an emergency trip to Walmart for a fan since our air conditioning was (and still is) broken, a quick stop at Starbucks because we were melting, and a side trip to Cost Plus just to kill time.

That little side trip was an unexpected highlight of our day.

We found a ton of great spices on sale and stocked up for future kitchen adventures. (Thank goodness I found me a man who likes to cook!)





Truffle oil that brought me back to the Burger Bar in Vegas...Kobe beef burger with pan-seared foie gras, provolone, portobello mushrooms, and black truffle oil…Mmmm.





Chocolate syrup for chocolate sodas – another Vegas treat I fell in love with at Everything Coca-Cola.





Chocolate with a kick





Funky syrups that I’m both scared of and curious to try





Fun for only $2.99





Easy drink mixes for summer parties - just add booze, water, and freeze!






Where Sunday pot roast comes from





And the origins of NASCAR




All in all, it was a pretty good field trip and I'm sure we'll be back.

No comments: