Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thankfully MRIs are more hands off


The Monday before last I went in for my fun medical procedures. Aside from having to wait an extra 45 minutes with a completely full bladder that was about to burst because the original lab tech flaked, there wasn’t a replacement around, and the crew on staff was already short handed...I got an extra surprise.

I thought I was going to get the normal ultra sound you see pregnant ladies get. You know the one - slap some goop on my belly, move the rolly thing around, and use your fancy machines to take some pictures. But no, I was so special that I got to have TWO kinds done. The regular type and the type that should’ve totally taken me out to dinner and a movie beforehand. On a lighter note, the tech praised me for doing a good job drinking all that liquid. She could see my bladder filling up again halfway through the super special procedure.

Afterwards we went for breakfast at the Original Pancake House to use a 2-for-1 coupon and help take my mind off all the fun.




Cody had a spinach-filled crepe with mushrooms and onions in a blended cheese sauce and topped with hollandaise.




I had an oven-baked dutch baby with whipped butter, lemon, fresh strawberries, strawberry sauce, and powdered sugar.




I guess it’s good I let the lab tech get all touchy feely with me. It turns out I have a growth that the radiologist can't identify as benign and I need to have an MRI. Maybe if I'm good we can go for pancakes after.

No comments: